Check back to see what exciting workshops and activities we have in store for for the 2021/2022 season. Keep scrolling to the bottom of the page to see it all.
We would hate for you to miss out, so don't forget to renew your membership or join us by becoming a member.
In Person Craft Sale
Saturday November 19th at the MPQ in Person Guild Meeting
Registration Required by end of day November 10th
(no late registrations)
To register, contact Kathleen Sobkowicz at
As we planned for this coming year, we kept reflecting back to what quilting was like 40 years ago. What had changed over the past 40 years for MPQ. As I thought about the 80’s I remembered Marty McFly! Aka Michael J Fox - Back to the Future!
That is your project!
Start by reflecting on the past 40 years of quilting. Take yourself back in time. Look at what has changed - this is how you go back to the future.
Look at pattern, colours, fabrics, prints etc. This is your staring point for inspiration:
- Maybe its about taking a pattern from 40 years ago and doing it up again in modern fabrics, colours tones.
- Maybe its about a do over - Take the first pattern you ever made and remake it. You likely have better tools, fabric and knowledge.
- Maybe you have a pattern from 40 years ago that you have on your list to make.
- How about a Pattern from today making it into something more futuristic – you become the designer!
- Or a pattern from today and using old techniques to create it – try using shears in place of rotary cutters and hand stitch it.
- Maybe you want to honor the past and design an anniversary quilt.
- Its about how you interpret Going Back to the Future.
Back to the future is full of opportunities
- No size restrictions, small or large.
- You can keep or donate.
- Your opportunity to take a pattern from the past 40 years and modernize it or take a modern pattern and make it look like it’s from 40 years ago.
We are looking for at least 40 people to join us on this project – to celebrate our 40 Years.
Please remember to register on the website so we can count you in!
President Project Quilts will be shown at the February Meetings – so make sure they are Fun Funky and Fabulous!
TO REGISTER, PLEASE LOG IN. THE REGISTRATION LINK WILL APPEAR BELOW THIS TEXT.
Monthly Meeting Prize Draws
Draw 1 - September 2022 to January 2023
The Prizes & Promotions Committee will once again be holding draws for fabulous prize baskets at our monthly meetings. For the nominal price of $15, you get a chance at 3 draws per month for 5 months (September 2022 to January 2023 inclusive). Purchases are limited to 1 per person but your single purchase makes you eligible for ALL the above draws
To make your purchase, just log in and the item will appear just below this post. Draws are made by random selection using a computer generated wheel.
More MPQ Links
Join us on