Manitoba Prairie Quilters is pleased to offer blocks of learning opportunities for all quilters, Members and non-members, alike. Our hope is to recruit accomplished artisans who also possess the gift of teaching to share their insights with eager students. 2018 and 2019 will prove to present skills, techniques, and innovative ways to add even more flair to your quilt-making. Find the class and time that works for you. Click “Add to Cart” and after you've added all that you want, click on "Go to Cart" and follow the prompts. You’ll be sew amazed you did!
Make a Heart Block
Bring it to the Tula Pink Party
at the February 13, 2019 General Meeting
Blocks can be any colour and will be made into quilts to be donated.
Two methods to make the block are given below.
Method 1 uses one piece for the top middle section of the heart (A). Method 2 splits that top section by making two flying geese units and sewing them together. Method 1 is suitable for fabrics that would not look good with a seam down the middle of section A. Method 2 is easier to make accurately.
SAVE THE DATE
Sew In Day
March 23, 2019 - 9:00 to 3:30
Workshops will be held at St. John’s College, University of Manitoba. 92 Dysart Road. Free parking on the premises.
All workshops run 9 am to 3:30 pm and are $65 per day for members and $95 per day for non- members. Lunch is included and will be served from 12:00 to 1:00 pm.
Prior to March 1, 2019, payments will be refunded less a $20 cancellation fee. No refunds after March 1, 2019.
- For classes requiring a sewing machine, please also bring extension cord, extra needles, bobbins, accessory box, and instruction manual.
- A basic sewing kit should include thread in neutral and matching colors, needles, pins, fabric and paper scissors, pencils and other marking tools, seam ripper, ruler.
- For any classes that require cutting and trimming of fabric, bring a rotary cutter with new blade, cutting mat (18" x 24" recommended) and at least one ruler.
- A fat quarter of fabric is approximately 18" x 22" in size.
- Any kit or pattern fees will be collected in class, payable to the instructor by cash or cheque except for the Summer Blossoms workshop which is included in the course fee.
Will be supplied upon registration.
Please contact any one of the following for questions regarding conference registrations or dietary restrictions:
Inez Drummond email@example.com
Noreen Christie firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelley Young email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: CHOOSE ONE WORKSHOP PER DAY ONLY.